Rules for participating in the triennial prize 'Hubertus Goltzius' of the Royal Numismatic Society of Belgium
1. The Royal Numismatic Society of Belgium, a non-profit organization under the high patronage of his Majesty the King, has created a triennial Prize named 'Hubertus Goltzius'. It will be awarded for the first time in 2019 on the occasion of the triennial symposium organized by the Society.
2. This prize is awarded to a scholar who has devoted his work to the numismatics, in the broadest possible sense (coins, medals, coins, currency, currency weights, méreaux, techniques, etc.), concerning the Southern Netherlands, between the 5th and the 21st century.
3. The jury that will judge the published works is composed of the directors of the Revue belge de Numismatique and the members of the Board of Directors of the Royal Numismatic Society of Belgium. The jury may, in exceptional cases, seek assistance of a renowned specialist in the field of the topics covered. The decision of the jury is final.
4. Participation is open to everyone, with no age limit, and is not subject to graduation, title or nationality conditions. Members of the jury cannot compete.
5. The prize amounts to €2,000 and will be issued in the form of a sum of money, on the occasion of the triennial symposia, organized by the Society. The jury is not obliged to attribute the prize if it judges that none of the submitted work would merit it.
6. Any dispute concerning the interpretation or application of these rules will be settled under the exclusive competence of the Board of Directors of the Society.
© KBGN-SRNB, 2008-2021